Tuesday, September 5, 2006

THE LO CRUX

My Korean smoke of choice. The small description below the name says "Ultimate Flavour". Indeed. They also come in a "red" which I smoked for a while until I began to hate myself. But the "M" is just right. Smokes (tambe) are the same price everywhere. There is no deviation, and the price is W2500...about $2.50 a pack. It's the 2 for 5...the buy one get one... all the time! It's terrible to rejoice over the LOW LOW price of killing yourself slowly, but until I quit I'll continue to praise the rock bottom deals. As a side note, one can buy "American" cigarettes here although choice is limited. Marlboro, Parliament is the extent that I've seen but perhaps there are other brands available. Maybe Winston, I'm not sure.

3 comments:

  1. dude; I don't mean to put you in your place, but I once bought a pack of smokes by the name of Hanaro (I think that's the name)... killer pack design - only English is quite small with the basic traditional design - centered round seal with Hangul; they are basically 100s without being called as such = 2,000 won

    And don't tempt me with your speak of Winston; that ol' pup... it ain't true!!!

    I was buying Luckies in China for the rough equivalent of 1,500 won... fuckin Communism... love it or leave it!...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bought an entire carton of Lucky Strikes at Incheon for ₩17,000 and that was when the won was really REALLY low, like ₩1630 to the american dollar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you paying more than $5 / pack of cigarettes? I buy all my cigs at Duty Free Depot and this saves me over 70%.

    ReplyDelete